Social Icons

Follow My Twitter! Find Me On Facebook! google plus rss feed Email Me

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fate Fixed

Yay, today is my first blog post and I am super excited. I have decided to self publish my first young adult novel Fate Fixed and decided to start blogging my journey.

For my first post I thought I would write a little blurb about my story to share. I'm working on the second in the series while editing Fate Fixed. But that won't be ready for a while. So anyways, here goes:

When Lexie Anderson’s mother suddenly announces she is marrying a Romanian immigrant with three teen boys of his own, Lexie willingly leaves behind her busy life in Connecticut for her penance in “The Moose Capital of the World.”  

Small town living is strange enough, now Lexie must cope with her overbearing stepfamily monitoring her every move. They disappear into the woods at night and keep a strange secret locked in their shed. Her once calm mother is now having violent outbursts and Lexie’s little sister is hearing sinister sounds coming from the forest behind their new home.

Lexie’s biggest surprise comes when she discovers the boy she has been dreaming about since her accident is living in Maine. Despite Torin’s questionable reputation, Lexie cannot resist the physical and emotional attraction pulsating between them.   

Animals and people in town are turning up dead and Lexie learns the strange new world she lives in has real life monsters.  Just when she decides she wants to be with Torin forever, she must fight to protect her mother and sister from being harmed by the evil in their home.

3 comments:

AshWright said...

I think the artwork and the story line here is just amazing. I'm a stay at home mom and am always looking for stories my kids can read that I enjoy, too and your story looks like that book! I've been trying to finish my first novel but can't seem to find the time. I look forward to following your progress!

-Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your feedback! It has been so much fun. Today lulu.com posted it for sale and Amazon did for Kindle. Once they have the hard copies for sale, I will get excited!

I know how difficult it is to make time for writing. Even now while I write my sequel, my six year old is buzzing around me. (:

I'm on facebook too if you want to add me!

Best-
Bonnie

AshWright said...

Bonnie,

That sounds so exciting! I would be thrilled just to finish my story - let alone publish it! I'll have to wait for the hard copy of yours, though! It sounds just fantastic. Not sure if you would have any interest in my novel as it's quite different than your own - about a young girl trying to deal with being highly religious in today's society. I signed on here to blog about my writing but have spent the last day just looking at others instead.

I'm a bit behind the times so no Facebook for me but feel free to email me at ashleywright1974@gmail.com if you'd like.

-Ashley

 

Breaking

Breaking

Flame Played

Flame Played
Coming 2013

Fate Fallen

Fate Fallen
Coming 2014

Book Blogs Member!

Jade

Jade