Social Icons

Follow My Twitter! Find Me On Facebook! google plus rss feed Email Me

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Where Have I Been?

Where Have I Been You Ask?


That is a well deserved question with a complicated answer. 

While in the process of writing Book 3 in the Eris Coven Series, I became deathly ill. So ill in fact, that I didn't expect to pull through. After months of hospitalizations and physical rehabilitation to learn to walk again, my thought process left me incapable of communicating with my family, let alone writing novels. After my aorta dissected and I was rushed into emergency surgery, my iliac artery ruptured leaving me with massive issues. Days later my body filled with infection and I almost lost my life and my leg. Then my poor spleen called it quits and when they removed that, my lungs filled with embolisms. Lots of other icky things took place after that, but let me just say, I felt like poor Lexi being chased by her evil stepbrother.  

All the meds, all the anesthesia, and recovery left me weak and sad. I had to mourn my old life because I was suddenly forty and disabled. Wheelchair, walkers, bed rails - you get the point. It took a long tie before I thought I could go back to writing. My genetic disorder is called Vascular Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It is a mean old nasty antagonist. I think I would rather hang out with Strix than live with this thing. My life expectancy is shortened now and I think that was another reason why I held back from writing - I wanted to live in the moment. 

I am ready to start writing again. I just sent Fragile Broken Things into Amazonscout. I don't know if they will select it but of they do, I'll need everyone's support by nominating it. If not, perhaps I can publish it elsewhere. I am also working on Find Me (working title) and a memoir. Also, for my Eris friends, Soul Kissed will be completed but I need to reread those books and remember my own world I created so I don't accidentally have Liz married to Torin or some other mishap.  

I do want to say how much I have appreciated all of the kind messages left here and through Goodreads or on my facebok pages. It was a wonderful thing to be reminded that I was missed while in the depths of recovering and learning to dress and walk again. 

Until I write again, take good care and stay out of the woods at night. :)

0 comments:

 

Breaking

Breaking

Flame Played

Flame Played
Coming 2013

Fate Fallen

Fate Fallen
Coming 2014

Book Blogs Member!

Jade

Jade